Multi-Fab Products, a world class manufacturer of loading dock equipment and the leading supplier of aftermarket service parts for the loading dock industry, is seeking a Mechanical Project Engineer. Be part of the engineering team that helps design, develop, and generate high quality high performing loading dock solutions. Multi-Fab Products is a place where you can make a difference and provides a fast paced environment with diverse engineering responsibilities.
This position has responsibility for engineering design and development of new products, improvement of current products, and innovation of future products. This position reports directly to the Engineering Manager. Key responsibilities include:
- Prepare detail project plans, including statements of technical objectives and approaches, task breakdowns, schedules, project cost estimates and product cost analyses, submit for approval.
- Coordinate and carry out engineering design and development work on assigned projects. Coordinate the work of support personnel and outside groups involving design, development, drafting, sample construction and delivery, test and evaluation, and release for production.
- Personally carry out in-depth design and development engineering work of advanced or pioneering nature involving complex analytic and/or experimental techniques at a professional engineering level.
- Lead engineering subtasks involving the design, analysis, fabrication, validation, and manufacture of subassemblies, systems, processes, equipment or facilities related to the Company’s new product plan.
- Construct solid models using the Engineering Department CAD system Solid Works. Use model assembly technology to determine system integrity and develop tolerance stack-ups.
- Apply engineering fundamentals to solve problems related to structural mechanics using advanced Finite Element Analysis (FEA), experimental techniques, and conventional engineering analysis.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge and application of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T), using and/or establishing datum systems acceptable to manufacturing process and inspection.
- When needed, and in conjunction with CAD Designers, make drawings from solid models, following Engineering Standards.
- Conceive and plan engineering subtasks to explore and resolve product or process problems; define and select new concepts and approaches to the design or development of new or improved products, processes, equipment or facilities.
- Counsel and train less senior engineers and technical support personnel in technical areas as required or requested.
- Maintain project records; prepare technical, cost and other reports as requested to show progress and results achieved.
- Contribute sound professional advice and creative new ideas, concepts and approaches relative to new product design and development projects.
- Keep abreast and well informed of state-of-the-art and important events in areas relevant to loading dock design and development through publications, outside contacts, meetings, shows, seminars and short courses.
- Work to develop individual goals/objectives to support the department goals through the use of the Performance Appraisal Process.
- Personally demonstrate the core values of honesty, integrity, initiative, responsibility, and teamwork.
RELATIONSHIPS & CONTACTS
- Reports to Engineering Manager
External Business Relationships:
- Frequent contact with suppliers and manufacturing group.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in mechanical engineering, from an ABET accredited engineering program or a PE license. Minimum of 2-4 years work experience in engineering required.
- Proficiency in computer software mandatory: SolidWorks solid modeling, MS Excel and Word.
- Prefer experience related to loading dock industry or material handling industry.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in structural mechanics. Experience with FEA required.
- Must be self-directed, detail-oriented, and possess excellent communication and computer skills.
- Must demonstrate initiative, and have ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Candidate must demonstrate the ability to work with minimum supervision, show great attention to detail and demonstrate strong accuracy and accountability skills.
- Must have ability to prioritize work effectively, meet deadlines, and resolve conflicts with minimal supervision concerning assignments varying from routine to complex.
- Able to analyze, synthesize and meaningfully communicate engineering related information and data on a regular basis.